Tuesday, December 13, 2011

2000 Collectable Toys shop revisit

This is one of Tokyo's best indy toy shops - and maybe the best if you're into American toys from the 1970s-80s. The staff are very friendly, and the stock is regularly replenished (something that can't be said for a lot of stores!) For store info and a full-write up of my first report on the shop, click here.

And here are pics from my recent shop visit:

Bootleg Bonanza...c'est si bon...

A disturbing line. There's a tag that says the cassette does not include MJ's voice hah hah!


More after the jump:














Plastic Dubya


Rockin Jelly Bean!

Look up. Ceiling shot.



4 comments:

Monsterforge said...

Whoa... I had no idea Dig'em Frog was one of Michael Jackson's pets! XD

Seriously though... how does so much goofy 80's Americana end up in Japan? I would have never thought there'd be a market for it there. I guess you learn something new every day!

Great post, Andy!

Humanoid said...

I want one of those Sloth toys!!!!

andy b said...

Back in the day - around 10 years ago, American toys were super popular in Japan. I think that's softened a good bit along with the rest of...well just about the entire economy, but 2000 CT is going strong, and they bring in tons of stuff from outside of Japan all the time. I love the shop - so much heart and soul, and such an incredible variety of toys.

krakit said...

H.R. Pufinstuff! that brings
back some memories :D

I like seeing that cyclops
troll doll too.

Thanks for letting us see
the inside of the 2000 CT shop.
What a place!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...